Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 1 in Bangkok

Alright, Tara and I slept through the night after we chit chat with Yai who stayed up with us till 3 a.m. in the morning. We was up about 6.30 a.m. coz Ta came to say good morning before he left for his meeting this morning. We started our morning with a little walk to a tiny morning market behind Khun Yai's house for our breakfast. It was a nice walk and we got our breakfast fried dough and fresh squeeze orange juice--big bottle for 2 people for 85 cents. Then my mom bought red chicken curry for 5 day meals only $3 for all!!!! Oh my God! I don't think I can make it that cheap in the US. Anyway, I will write more about food here too...but later.

After our lovely breakfast, Tara opened some of her b-day gifts from Ta & Yai. She got a new pair of croc shoe and super babies from Dora's cartoon. There are many more gifts for her but we let her open a few gifts a day.



Then we went for lunch at the new strip mall near my house called Crystal Park. It is a very cute and modern strip mall with lots of stores. Tara had chicken spaghetti and then we checked out some classes for Tara but we don't think we like it that much. It is a cooking and art class together for 2 hrs/day for 5 days with English teacher. It is summer here in Thailand and kids are out of school for 3 months. So there are lots of activities for kids to do right now. The weather wasn't so bad but it is high humidity. So we thought after checking all the shops--fresh fruits smooties won't be so bad :) Then it was about 2 p.m. and then we headed home and took our nap. Mommy woke up after couple of hours and tried to wake Tara too...but Tara was too tried so she slept from 3 p.m. till 11 p.m. We are now just watching some show on TV and rest. We should fall sleep soon. We will adjust to the timing soon (I hope!!). Tara eats a lots of food. We just take it slow here day by day. Tomorrow my aunt will pick us up for lunch. I will write more tomorrow. That's it! our first day...just slow and easy but still fun. Her two uncles love to play with Tara all the times...I hope you all enjoy reading our story. I will write more. Love :)



No comments: